I've thought about this much lately over the past few months.
Throughout the years I was blessed with a handful of great friends that shared similar interests with me and accepted the things I/we did as normal.
But that was the past.
Every great dynasty sees a shift in it's time. I can't exactly account for when the moment of our change occurred. Separated now, we barely find time for reunions.
But physically spending time with each other isn't what really counts.
Shared interests and ideas and understandings of each other.
I noticed that dissipate over time.
One wishes to be more social while one adapts to a new way of life.
The closest person I relate to now is Gabe. We seem to share a similar road in every venture of our life. I think it's mostly because we resist an ultimate change in self tooth & nail.
David & I still relate but a lot of his aspirations have changed as with Matt.
I only write about this because I notice that the gap is growing. I'm lucky to have a wife otherwise I'd be totally alone.
It's no guess, I'm bad at making new friends and acquaintances. I don't really fit in anywhere.
Out of everyone I know that is a friend, I believe Gabe will be around the longest and David also, though I watch for changes in his aspirations as they might shorten this expectation.
Eventually I am going to start trimming "the excess". I'm very bad at trying to keep dangling relationships alive. I simply don't have the drive to keep in contact with people from the past that I feel won't work out. (As I did with Cesar the first time and now I fear a second coming as well).
I go through the process of Contesting -> Accepting -> Resting.
I'm almost finished with the contesting phase and I now feel that I am moving to acceptance.
It is tragic I suppose, many years fade away into oblivion but some change is inevitable. We learn to grow and respond differently with each passing time.
I don't believe I'll be lonely any time soon as long as I have my family to stay by my side. Along with my other few friends that I didn't list here.
But as the great Mr Cash once said: "Everyone I know, goes away, in the end..."
Saturday, December 29
as provided to you by aiur @~~~ 5:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 \comm\e.nts:
Post a Comment