I made one of the best purchases I've ever made a short while ago. I was at the bookstore, looking for a good book to buy with my gift certificate, and my girlfriend casually pointed to a book about 3d game programming. It seemed pretty decent when I flipped through it, so I decided to buy it.
The book's titled Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0c A shader approach and it's by Frank D. Luna (Wordware publishing). It begins with a brief overview of some of the mathematical concepts you need to know, such as Vector algebra, Matrix Algebra, and a bit about Planes. After that it goes into a decently thorough look at DirectX (thorough for a beginner at any rate). Just in one chapter alone I learned much about 2d programming that I was hoping to learn (and that got me so excited I decided to post). Also, the book gives exercises that it expects you to figure and do on your own. They're good practice and generally helpful.
The book is a bit tough though. I've never had a decent Trigonometry lesson so the math sections were a bit of a struggle at times (especially the exercises). Given that I've studied a bit about DirectX on my own already the first two chapters are easier, but I suspect the coming chapters on more detailed 3d concepts is going to be truly tough for me.
And the book expects that you have an understanding of C++. If you don't, I recommend finding a good book on the subject. Awhile ago I was thinking of posting programming lessons on this blog but I never really got around to it. Maybe I'll try it again, and this time only post lessons in smaller, easier to manage chunks.
Saturday, January 12
as provided to you by Bob @~~~ 6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 \comm\e.nts:
Post a Comment