Monday, October 22

I'm not so sure I have much cynical thoughts in me as of late. I haven't had contact with many people, and my attention has been reverting back to where it once was: videogames.

I'm currently attempting to make a game in C# 2005 (Is 2007 out yet? Blasted fast technology) using DirectX 9.0 (10's out...and holy cow does 10 make games look good). I went in to this knowing little about how games are made, but I've been sputtering along, and I feel I've made a tiny amount of progress. I tell you, it's hard to learn by simply using Microsoft's help files!

Yesterday I figured out how to make textured primitives. A sad breakthrough I'm sure, considering where pros should be at. But by golly little progresses make me happy, and slowly but surely I'm getting better. I'm hoping to possibly make a 3d landscape for my game.

What game? An rpg of course. I'm thinking of remaking an NES game: Dragon Warrior 1. I have many ideas on how to improve it. Still though, I haven't decided if it'd be more productive to work on my own original game.

And last night the idea hit me that I should try making my own version of "Nibbles", an old QBasic game where you're a constantly moving snake who eats things and gets a longer and longer tail. It was a game I tried making in QBasic long ago, but now I could make a pretty good version using what I know of DirectX! So I might try working on that tonight.

Oh well, if I do, I may post the finished results.

0 \comm\e.nts: