Starcraft, what can I say? Both Aiur and I used to play this game together via network play and loved it. The insane opponents! Nukes everywhere, crazy swarms of enemies, desperate sieges that lasted untold amounts of time. It was great.
I heard about Starcraft 2 awhile ago and geeked out. The only information they had available was on the Protoss units, and they didn't have many landscapes to show. Still though, it looked insanely good.
Fast forward to now, when I decided to see what's new on it. New screenshots! Info about Terran units! More landscapes! And HOLY COW is it looking good! I'm geeking out all over again. So I thought I'd post some of my joy and some links.
http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?s=53
Mind blowing graphics. I've said it before and I'll say it again. With advances in technology companies can make extremely good looking 2d games if they base it in 3d. I wish more companies would do it. This is by far the best graphics for any game I've seen a preview of, even Gears of War or any PS3 game. The water, shadows, grass and trees and cliffs, everything looks extremely good.
Of course, I may be going over board simply because I love Starcraft ;p
If you haven't yet, I'd recommend playing the original Starcraft and it's expansion set Brood Wars. Not only is it very fun (honestly, one of the most well balanced games I've ever played in my life), you get the back story so you'll be ready for this sequel. If you love to be as creative as me, it also comes with a nifty map editor. But if map editing's your thing, I'd either go for Warcraft 3 or wait for Starcraft 2, which is reported to have an even better map editor.
Better map editor! I love map editors! Geeking out!
Sunday, October 21
as provided to you by Bob @~~~ 12:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 \comm\e.nts:
cynicsm count = 0
i dont know why but it makes me laugh to read via network play.
as if people needed explaination
Post a Comment